New File Upload functionality for Google Docs APIPosted: January 21, 2010
Just as I’m trying to build a business case for switching non Office-Centric (we have about 500 billion powerpoint docs) stuff at my work to google (don’t know if it will happen unfortunately) the usefulness of gDocs continues to grow. The premier edition now allows you to upload via API documents of ANY type, meaning that you could probably switch your document server and all the wierd idiosyncratic file formats that entails over to gDocs, with someone that knows scripting that is.
From the Google Apps Blog:
Upload any file type:
– Premier Edition only.
– Individual file size limit of 250MB.
– Ability to upload any type of file.
– 1GB storage limit for files you upload that are not converted to Google Docs format (i.e. Google documents, spreadsheets and presentations).
– Copy a document: Make a duplicate of a document.
– Publishing documents: Programmatically publish a document to the world.
– Change the owner of a document: Additional functionality to now also change the ‘owner’ of a document.
– Resumable uploads: Ability to pause/resume and upload which is useful for large file sizes.